The benefits of meditating before bed are numerous!
Meditation helps train your mind to focus on what is happening in the present moment and to redirect thoughts that detract from your ability to focus. It can help create better self-awareness, which is beneficial for people who want to develop better habits, like falling asleep.
At some point in their life, almost everyone has suffered (or will suffer) from insomnia. It can be difficult to let go of the day’s events and let your mind relax when your head finally hits the pillow. Fortunately, meditation helps redirect those racing thoughts that often lead to insomnia. It also helps with relaxing your body and releasing tension, which is ideal when you want to enter into a peaceful state for sleeping. Studies have even shown that people who meditate fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer, compared to those who don’t meditate.
Let’s take a look and see what you’ll need to meditate in bed tonight.
What You’ll Need
- A comfy bed
- The Relax Melodies App
- Complete darkness
- 10-30 minutes
& Meditation Sounds
for Sleep For
Blogs Login My Relax Melodies
Steps to Meditate in Bed
- Make sure you are ready to go to sleep and that you’ll have no reason to get out of bed once you’ve gotten into it.
- Find a comfortable position. It may be on your back or sitting up, it is completely up to you.
- Turn on Relax Melodies, choose a meditation or a meditation program that responds to your needs (Deep Sleep, Relaxation, Insomnia, Dreams etc).
- You can choose to listen to the guided meditation without any other noise, but if you want to add to the ambience, select a piece of music or sounds mix to accompany the meditation.
- Set a timer so you don’t need to look at your telephone again. Turn the phone down so you avoid any light that may wake you up.
- Take a deep breath and let yourself be guided to a place of rest.
- Fall asleep.